New Zealand is quite simply the adventure capital of the world. You can ski, snowboard, bungy jump, skydive, mountain bike, kayak… all the fun things. What’s more is that New Zealand has one of the most welcoming and fascinating cultures in the world, with the Maori heritage being a strong part of daily life across New Zealand’s North and South islands.
The range of activities vary hugely, and it would be almost impossible to tell you everything on this one page, but take a look at the activities below and start planning your New Zealand adventure now…
The North Island
The Bay Of Islands – The Tropical North of New Zealand
- Swim with Dolphins in Paihia
- Take a boat cruise to the famous Hole In The Rock (original name, I know!)
- Sand Boarding in Cape Reinga
- Bridge Bungy – Jump off Auckland Bridge in the heart of the city!
- Auckland Sky Tower – Head to the top for epic cityscape views.
- Sky Jump & Sky Walk at The Auckland Sky Tower
- ClearYak – Kayak in the crystal clear ocean in see through kayaks.
- Waiheke Island – Explore the famous wineries and vineyards, jump on (and off) the hop on hop off bus that takes you round the island, or get the heart pumping on a Zip-lining tour.
- Rangitoto Island – Take the ferry over to this remote island for excellent hiking and views of Auckland city.
- Whale / Dolphin Watching – The best spot in the North to see these amazing creatures. (June – October only)
- Black Water Rafting – Flost through the infamous glow worm caves of Waitomo in a rubber tube.
- Caving – Explore the glow worm caves in a adrenaline fuelled way, abseiling, climbing, jumping and swimming. (Wet & Dry options available)
- Boat Cruise & Guided Cave Walks – A laid back tour through the epic cave systems.
- White Water Rafting – Raft the highest commercially rafted waterfall in the world (7m) and push your limits.
- Tamaki Cultural Experience & Dinner – Learn about the Maori culture at the best cultural experience in New Zealand.
- Agroventures Adult Adventure Park – All the thrill seeking fun you could want from an adventure park! Bungy, Jet Boat, Swing, Freefall Xtreme and Shweeb!
- Wai-O-Tapu and Waimangu – Visit the largest geothermal sulphur fields in New Zealand (the coloured lakes are epic!).
- Te Puia – Visit the this geothermal park, home to Pohutu, the biggest natural geyser in the Southern Hemisphere!
- Zorbing – Roll down a hill in an inflatable hamster ball (sound fun!?).
- Luging – Race your mates down 3 amazing luge courses (like toboggans, but better).
- Jet Boat – Speed across the waters of the epic Lake Rotorua.
- Canopy Tours Zip-lining – The top rated activity in the North Island of New Zealand. See the forest from the tree tops on this pulsating adventure.
- Skydive Taupo – The most affordable skydive in New Zealand, jump over the biggest lake in the country.
- Bungy Jump – Take a dip head first in Lake Taupo the bounce back for more.
- Sailing Adventures on Lake Taupo
- Sailing on Lake Taupo – The best way to see the lake (you might see some ancient Maori artwork too…).
Tongariro National Park
- The Tongariro Crossing – Soak up the epic Lord Of The Rings scenery as you hike 19.4km along this epic day walk. (Possible in a day from Taupo as well)
- Mount Victoria & The Botanical Gardens – 2 FREE walks that you can do easily from Wellington city centre.
- Great beer, great coffee, great food… enough said!
… Ferry From North Island To South Island …
The South Island
Abel Tasman National Park
- Sailing Trips – Explore the beautiful coastline in the comfort of a catamaran.
- Kayak Tours – Take a kayak out around the national park coastline and explore the beaches, caves and look out for NZ Fur Seals.
- Skydive Abel Tasman – Maximum of 19,000ft jumping out some of NZ’s best aerial views.
- Walking/Hiking – Explore the national park on the extensive walking tracks.
Franz Josef Glacier
- Heli Hike the Glacier – Take a helicopter to the glacier, hike for 3 hours on the ever-changing ice and then return back to Franz Josef town by helicopter for a soak in the glacial hot pools… bliss!
- Skydive Franz Josef – NZ’s highest skydive at 21,000ft (insane!), over NZ’s largest glacier.
- Skydive Wanaka – Beautiful mountain scenery jumping over Lake Wanaka.
- Mountain Biking – Bike the awesome trails during the summer months.
- U Fly – Fly a plane (yes, you actually fly the plane) across mountains and glaciers!
- Nevis Bungy Jump – NZ’s biggest bungy at 138m.
- Nevis Swing – NZ’s biggest swing.
- Ledge Bungy Jump – Jump from a ledge on Ben Lomond Mountain, with dazzling views over Queenstown. Front-flip, back-flip, do whatever you want!
- Kawarau Bridge Bungy – The first commercial bungy jump in NZ is stunning!
- Canyon Swing – The original swing; get pushed off on a chair, take the slide option, or just jump…
- Canyon Fox – Zip line from side to side in the amazing canyon setting.
- Jet Boating – Hit the river at up to 90km an hour.
- Learn to Ski/Snowboard – Head out to the world renowned Cardrona Snow Fields and show off your skills.
- FunYaks – Combine Jet Boating with Kayaking round the stunning Mt Aspiring National Park.
- Gondola, Star Gazing, Haka Performance + Dinner
- And MUCH MUCH MORE…
- 2 Hour Boat Cruise – Cruise the magical Milford Sound on a real trip to remember.
- Kayaking – Explore Milford Sound in a really unique way and kayak through endless fjords and amazing mountain scenery.
- Star Gazing – This is the land of stars, a protected skyline creates possibly the best star gazing in the world.
- White Water Rafting – Epic rapids through incredible mountain scenery makes this the most beautiful rafting experience.
- Swim with Wild Dolphins – The best dolphin experience you will EVER have. Swim with huge pods of wild dolphins.
- Whale Watching – One of the only places in the world where you can see whales all year round.
**CONTACT US FOR EXCLUSIVE DISCOUNTS ON ALL NEW ZEALAND TOURS & ACTIVITIES**
Hop-On-Hop-Off Bus Passes
- Stray – For more mature adventurous traveller.
- Kiwi Experience – For the slightly younger, fun loving traveller. (More partying, basically!)
**CONTACT US FOR EXCLUSIVE DISCOUNTS ON ALL NEW ZEALAND BUS PASSES**
Multi-Day Adventure Tours
- Stray Journeys – Get off the beaten track and explore the real New Zealand on these all inclusive tours.
- Topdeck – Iconic inclusions and activities, high quality accommodation, and hassle free travel with groups of like minded travellers.
**CONTACT US FOR EXCLUSIVE DISCOUNTS ON ALL NEW ZEALAND ADVENTURE TOURS**