One of the most popular ways to get around New Zealand is on the well known Hop-On-Hop-Off buses that cruise between all the best of New Zealand’s locations. The concept is pretty straight forward… Hop on the bus and travel for a bit… Hop off the bus and stay for a bit. Simple.
The Hop-On-Hop-Off buses in New Zealand all operate in a similar way, but there are some distinct differences between them. All do include the following:
- Experienced Driver Guide to guide you through your trip. All drivers are local Kiwi’s and will tell you stories about New Zealand’s history, give you useful information to take home with you, and tell you about all the best things to see and do in this incredible country.
- Comfortable Transport on quality buses, to make you trip around New Zealand as memorable as possible, for the right reasons.
- New Friends… Guaranteed. The buses are packed full of like minded people, which means you are guaranteed to meet new friends along the way!
- Unique Destinations. No matter which of the HoHo bus you choose, you are guaranteed to stay in unique destinations that no other travellers get to visit.
- 12 Months of Travel. On any hop on hop off passes you have 12 months to complete your selected bus route. This gives you incredible flexibility to jump on and jump off as you want. Some passes even allow you to re-travel the same route as many times as your like (available on “Unlimited Travel” passes only)!
Starting back in 1989, the Kiwi Experience is the original Hop-On-Hop-Off bus service in New Zealand. When it started it was designed to give budding travellers the opportunity to travel between New Zealand’s iconic locations with ease, giving the the opportunity to hop off the bus and stay for long in destinations that they love. The bus will take you through the country stopping at all of the best locations in New Zealand, including Rotorua, Taupo, Wellington, Abel Tasman National Park, Franz Josef, Queenstown, as well as a couple of unique stops along the way in River Valley, and the famous party night at Lake Manihapua!
For more info about he Kiwi Experience bus, take a look here at the website: http://www.kiwiexperience.com/
The brainchild of the same genius who invented the Kiwi Experience bus, Stray is the latest Hop-On-Hop-Off bus that has taken New Zealand by storm. The same idea applies to Stray as it does to Kiwi Ex, however Stray have incorporated additional stops and experiences along the way to give their travellers more of an opportunity to experience the 100% Pure NZ; the beautiful, rugged nature; the welcoming, fascinating culture; and the simply outlandish adventure! The way Stray does this is to take you to MORE UNIQUE LOCATIONS along the way. Swap the inner-city bars for the wilderness campfire, but still experience all the same iconic locations as you would on Kiwi Experience, plus more Off The Beaten Track activities and destinations, such as Lake Aniwhenua, Whakahoro and Gunns Camp.
For more info about he Stray bus, take a look here at the website: http://www.straytravel.com/
Flexi Travels can offer exclusive discounts on all Kiwi Experience and Stray bus passes, so if you are planning a trip to New Zealand, use the contact form below and we will get back to you with a quote: