Australia is the most popular country in the world for backpackers, flashpackers and every other type of traveller, and there is a simple reason why… there is LOADS of incredible things to see and do! Below you can find a list of best of the epic activities, tours, and more that you can get your teeth into whilst travelling on Australia’s East Coast.
East Coast Activities: Cairns > Melbourne
- Atherton Tablelands & Waterfalls – Epic waterfalls and incredible views.
- Cape Tribulation & The Daintree Rainforest – The World’s oldest rainforest ecosystem.
- The Great Barrier Reef – Snorkel or dive (or both) on the largest reef in the World!
- Bungy Jump & Jungle Swing with AJ Hackett – The only bungy jump in Australia.
- White Water Rafting on the Barron River
- Skydive Cairns
- Skydive Mission Beach – Epic coastal views, then land on the beach!!
- White Water Rafting on the Tully River – The best rafting in Australia!
- Amazing 3 and 4 Day Island Escape Packages Available at Base Hostel and Bungalow Bay YHA
- Magnetic Island Koala Sanctuary – Get up close to the Koalas in this unique habitat.
- Rent a Barbie Car and Explore
Airlie Beach/The Whitsundays
- Whitsunday Island Sailing Trips (1 Day, 2 Day/1 Night, and 2 Day/2 Night options available) – Choose to live aboard a party boat, explore the islands in luxury, or resort stay at exclusive private accommodation.
- Skydive Airlie Beach – Jump out over the 74 Whitsunday Islands for the best views you will ever see!
- Scenic Flights – Fly out over the Whitsunday Islands and out to the Great Barrier Reef, visiting the world famous Heart Reef on the way!
- Learn To Surf – The most chilled out and beautiful way to learn to surf on the East Coast.
- Scooteroo – Explore 1770 and Agnes Waters on your very own Chopper motorbike. Learn about the wildlife and local area in a truly unique way.
Fraser Island/Rainbow Beach/Hervey Bay
- Fraser Island Tag Along 4×4 Trips (3 Day/2 Night) – The ultimate way to see the largest sand island in the world… driving around in a 4×4 and camping under the stars!
- Fraser Island Guided Tour (1 Day, 2 Day/1 Night, and 3 Day/2 Night options available)
- Whale Watching in Harvey Bay – During whale migration in May to September each year.
- Skydive Rainbow Beach – Check out Fraser Island from above and land on the beach!
- Noosa Everglades Canoe and Kayak Trips (1 Day and Multi Day options available) – Explore the only everglade system in Australia in your own kayak or canoe.
- Learn To Surf or SUP (Stand Up Paddle Board)
- Fraser Island Tours available fro Noosa
- Visit Australia Zoo – Steve Irwin’s famous zoo is one of the best in the world!
- Skydive Brisbane – An epic big city Skydive.
- Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary – The most affordable place to get your Koala souvenir photo in Australia!
- Moreton Island Day Trips – Visit the beautiful Moreton Island for an excellent day out from Brisbane.
Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise
- Bar Crawls – Crawl (hopefully not literally!) from bar to bar, club to club on some of the biggest and best bar crawls in Australia.
- Theme Parks and Water Parks – Visit, Dreamworld, Universal Studios, White Water World, Wet ‘n’ Wild, and more…
- Dolphin Kayak – Kayak across Byron Bay and get u close to the friendly local Dolhpins who call this place home.
- Learn to Surf – Pick up the basics in Australia’s surf capital. This is THE PLACE to learn!
- Nimbin – Check into the hippy capital of Australia and get happy with the locals.
- The Blue Mountains – Visit one of the most epic mountain ranges in Australia. Check out the Three Sisters, Wentworth Falls and so much more!
- Bondi to Coogee Walk – An amazing FREE walk between two wold class beaches. A great hangover cure.
- Dolphin Watching at Port Stephens
- Sand Boarding – Let loose on the dunes with like minded people.
- Learn to Surf – Catch your first waves with the Mojo Surf crew in Sydney.
- The Great Ocean Road – Hit the road and discover the Twelves Apostles, Bells Beach, London Bridge, and all the other incredible sights.
- The Grampians National Park – Stunning mountain hiking, with some truly gob-smacking views.
- The Yarra Valley – WINE!! Get your taste buds tingling in Melbourne’s premier wine region.
These are just the main activities. There are so many more. For more info, just send a quick message through and we will get back to you with heaps of info…